So i just downloaded and idk if this is a known issue that has a resolve but my animation is not smooth. its clunky at best. after trying out a smaller scale animation it seems to render the frames on opposite side of the loop and alternate frames instead of being smooth and gradual. is there a solution that i just cant seem to find? or is this an issue?
Path Animator Script
A downloadable tool
This script is for Aseprite.
It allows you to make a translation movement and/or rotation of the reference image through a path with a the desired criteria.
The basic steps:
- make a Layer named: PATH
- active Pixel Perfect and draw some stroke on it (1 pixel thickness).
- Optional: paint one pixel stroke end to white (start pixel).
- draw some item in other layer.
- select both layers and run 'path_animator.lua'
- fill in the fields and press 'Animate it'
Gif minitutorials were included within the compressed file.
Please, this tool is under development, save your work before use it.
Issues and recommendation can be reported on firstname.lastname@example.org
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hi ImNoki. There are a few things to do to get a correct animation:
1) There must be a single and unbroken stroke in the PATH layer.
2) The stroke must be made with a pixel perfect way.
3) The combination: path length, frame duration and animation duration should be chosen appropriately. Example of a bad choice: frame length 0.1 seconds, animation length: 0.5 seconds, path length 100 pixels (this animation will not be good, because it'll be very jittery, around 25 to 25 pixels ).
If the speed of the animated object is too fast, you will need to add image effects such as object shadows or decrease the frame duration.
If you couldn't solve the problem, send me the .aseprite file at email@example.com to analyze the layers.
I hope this helps!
HELP ! So I downloaded this and it works perfect however I have one question. I'm into side scrolling animation such as a car driving on the street w building going left to right so when I found this I was amazed. However, after using it I noticed I can't start a path off screen. Is there any way to fix this?? I need the images to start off the screen on the left ------> go all the way over, then go off screen on the right. Is that possible with this path animator?
Hi PatBanahan. The only way to do that (moving a sprite outside the canvas) is:
- Make a bigger canvas
- Use the path tool in the usual way
- Before exporting the final animation, adjust the canvas to the desired size.
I hope this helps. And thank you for trying the Path Animator.
What does the RotAux layer do? You showed it in FAQ 7 but I don't think you explained what it does
Hi! RotAux is an auxiliary Layer, it stores pre-calculated rotated images (the image which walks the path). If you want to modify the PATH and re-animate with the same image layers, RotAux layer can be re-used, and execution time is optimised (because some angles were calculated and located in RotAux). In summary: RotAux is used to optimise execution time, can be deleted if you want. I hope this helps, and thanks for your question.
It is a masterpiece
Great addition to Aseprite! Thanks for sharing!